FlickrFan Event: “How I Took This Shot” Demos / Assignment Contrast
October 19, 2009
The Lancaster County Photography Meetup Group
"How I Took This Shot" Demos
Yet again, we’re going to try something new with our first hour. We’re going to have some non-hands-on demonstrations on how three separate shots were orchestrated to spark some discussion on techniques.
As part of our monthly get-togethers, we’re have a photo assignment each month. Hopefully these little assignments will help you concentrate on a particular area of photography and help expand and improve your photographic repertoire.
This month we’re focusing on Contrast! You can interpret this theme in many different ways; tonal contrast, color contrast, or just contrasting subjects. No matter how you decide to shoot it, contrast is the word of the day!
A few reminders about some of the basic rules of the assignment:
- Members may submit only 3 photos.
- Of those 3, 1 can be a legacy photo that you want to share, that fits the theme but wasn’t taken this month. At least 2 of the 3 should be taken after the theme was decided upon.
- Photos should be emailed to Mike the Tuesday prior to the Thursday meeting.
If you have any additional questions, consult the Assignment FAQ or contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember to get your shots to Mike B (as jpg’s please) at email@example.com.
Directions to the Lancaster County Visitors Center
Some folks have gotten turned around getting to the Visitors Center for the meetings. Here’s some handy tips on how to get here:
- The Visitors Center is located directly across the street from McDonald’s and Costco off the Greenfield Road Exit off of Route 30.
- If you punch the address into your GPS unit, it will most likely take you into the Ramada (formerly the Holiday Inn) parking lot. That’s incorrect, we’re back a couple of hundred yards.
Lancaster, PA 17601 – USA
Thursday, November 5 at 7:00 PM